July 2022 Police Activity Report
July 2022 hot topics:
- On 7/13/2022, a resident about to start his freshman year at a college in New Jersey was scammed via email asking to be sent a gift card to pay for the software he he would use when researching. The email account had informed him that he would be reimbursed for this equipment. He eventually received an online check for $2,350, which he printed and deposited into his bank account. It was later determined that it was not a legitimate check.
- On 7/18/2022, a township business reported that an unknown person had fraudulently attempted to cash a check through the business.
- On 7/21/2022, Trenton, NJ PD reported that they had one of their residents in custody who was the subject of a Bedminster PD warrant for a vehicle theft in April. He will be housed in Mercer County Jail pending extradition to Bucks County.
- On 7/28/2022, a resident reported being the victim of online fraud. He took photos of two prepaid cards on which he deposited US$1,000.00. There was $500.00 on each card. He then sent these photos to a subject in Hong Kong.
- On 7/28/2022, a resident reported identity theft involving credit cards, investments, and unemployment fraud.
- A business in Easton Road reported a theft of pallets which occurred on 29/07/2022 around 2200hrs.
- PA State Police have referred two cases for investigation involving attempts to purchase a firearm by people without firearms at a township gun store.
- On 07/07/2022, the investigation into the 06/04/2022 motorcycle accident on Deer Run Road and Farm School Rd. was completed and it resulted in DUI charges against a resident.
- On 07/15/2022 at 2103 hrs BTPD arrested a Quakertown resident for driving a vehicle without the required ignition interlock following a traffic stop in the area of Dublin Pk and Croft Dr.
- On 22-07-2022 at 0004hrs BTPD arrested a resident for impaired driving following a traffic stop on Easton Road.